Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blessed Holy Thursday to All


Job 38:1-21 42:1-5:  Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: “Who is this who hides counsel from me and confines words in his heart and thinks to conceal them from me? Gird thy waist like a man; I will question thee, and you will answer me. Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone when the morning stars were made, and all my angels praised me in a loud voice. I shut up the sea with doors when it burst forth and issued from the womb; I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band; I fixed my limit for it and set bars and doors; and I said, ‘This far you may come, but no farther, and here you proud waves must stop!’ Have you commanded the morning since your days began and caused the dawn to know its place that it might take hold of the ends of the earth and the wicked be shaken out of it? Or did you take clay of the ground and form a living creature and set it with the power of speech upon the earth? From the wicked have you removed light and crushed the arm of the proud? Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths? Have the gates of death been revealed to you? Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death? Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth? Tell me, what is the extent of it? Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place, that you may take it to its territory and know the paths to its home? Do you know it because you were born then or because the number of your days is great?” Then Job answered the Lord and said: “I know that thou canst do everything, and that no purpose of thine can be withheld from thee. Thou didst ask, ‘Who is this who hides counsel from thee? Or who keeps back his words, and thinks to hide them from thee?’ Or who can tell me what I did not know?’ But hear me, O Lord, and let me speak; thou didst say, ‘I will question thee, and you will answer me.’ I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees thee.”

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails